Pasig Catholic College
Office of the President
February 6, 2020
Praised be Jesus Christ, now and forever!
In response to the confirmed case of Novel Corona Virus (nCoV) and numerous persons under investigation (PUI) in the Philippines, Pasig Catholic College would like to enjoin students and their parents, employees and partner agencies to strictly observe the following guidelines which serve as precautionary measures in order to prevent its spread:
1. Everyone is advised that upon entering the school premises, all will undergo thermal screening. A temperature of 37.7⁰C or above will be evaluated by the school nurse and assessed if he/she will be sent home to seek medical consultation. A student will be allowed to go back to his/her class once a medical clearance from their doctor is already presented to the Medical—Dental Unit of the school.
Thermal screening will be done in the area after the entrance of Pope Benedict XVI gate (Façade).
Security personnel will be assigned to facilitate thermal screening to those who will enter school premises. They will be trained in using the thermal scanner.
The school nurse will also be there in order to accommodate those who will be detected having fever.
There will be four lanes that will be formed to facilitate fast and efficient movement of individuals.
School administrators will assist at the gate to ensure that the process will be strictly followed.
Pope John Paul II (Jester) gate will not be open during this time. All will be advised to enter in the same gate, Pope Benedict XVI gate (Façade).
Please expect heavy traffic and clogging of vehicles and students in the morning with these mandatory procedures.
2. As stated in our school policy, students with fever, cough and colds should stay home. They may report back to class or work after 48 hours of no symptoms and advised to secure medical clearance upon return to school premises.
3. Students, teachers and employees with history of travel in areas with confirmed cases or high incidence of transmission, both local and international are strongly advised to self-quarantine for 14 days, especially if with fever and other respiratory symptoms.
4. Those with history of travel in these areas but are asymptomatic should secure a medical certificate or clearance from a physician and present it to the Medical—Dental Clinic. They should still be observed for the development of signs and symptoms.
5. Wear double layered surgical masks especially those with respiratory symptoms (cough and colds) while on school services and in class. Replace disposable surgical masks daily.
6. Students, teachers and employees should have their own alcohol, alcogels, or sanitizer.
7. Disinfection of classrooms, common areas, clinics and other school premises will be implemented.
8. All are advised to make regular hand-washing a habit.
9. Outreach activities and other out-campus activities will be cancelled until further notice.
10. Going to public places such as malls, theater, supermarkets are discouraged.
11. Fetching of students on time are highly encouraged to minimize loitering inside school premises.
For inquiries you may contact Medical—Dental Unit at 0925-8011833 and 8642-7451 loc. 151 from 6:30am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday and 8:00 to 4:00pm –Saturday.
Let us all put our hands together in praying to our Almighty Father so that all these things will already pass.
That in all things, God may be glorified!
Yours in Christ,
Rev. Fr. Orlindo F. Ordoña