The Master of Arts in Educational Management (MAED) program has a strong problem solving, evaluation and decision making perspective, which situates educational management in the context of existing political, economic and social realities. Each course in the program provides the students with opportunities to engage in reflection and critical analysis of an expansive body of conceptual and empirical literature that inform and guide management practices. These learning experiences are provided to develop and enhance students’ skills in achieving their respective schools: (a) internal efficiency, as indicated by increased completion or graduation rates with minimum inputs, and (b) external productivity, as indicated by maximum personal benefits derived by the graduates and by the external community as a consequence of the education received by the graduates. Moreover, courses are infused with Christian values to influence the students’ practice of leadership in the context of service to God and nation.
The program is intended for individuals who are: interested in gaining informed awareness of key leadership and innovation issues; who want to learn the latest developments in the field of educational management, and who intend to lead educational change and improvement. As such, the program is suitable for individuals who aspire to be educational leaders and managers.
The program provides the graduates the background, competencies, and skills necessary for employment as directors, principals or head teachers in elementary and secondary schools; and as department chairpersons, education officers, educational consultants, instructional supervisors, or curriculum leaders.
The Master of Arts in Education (MAED) Program
- Assists in developing educational leaders armed with solid and valid teaching theories/ principles and exposure to contemporary problems and issues in education.
- Becomes an agent of change and development in schools through scientific knowledge embodied in the program.
- Respond to educational problems and issues in the 21st
- Develops persons of character and competence and thorough understanding and appreciation of collective social responsibility.
The MAED Program aims to:
- Develop students’ critical thinking skills in order to cope and address concerns in education
- Develop students’ participation in relevant socio-economic issues using knowledge gained in their courses
- Engage students in research work
- Cascade the mantra of Pasig Catholic College among all students that they should do right things, at the right time for the right reasons; live the core values in their professional and personal lives.
- Professionalize the worker in a workplace where decisions are anchored on ideals of nationalism and catholic precepts.
- Enrich the spirituality of the students through active participation in school related religious activities.
The School of Graduate Studies envisions, to be a center for training and development, a provider of competent leaders in the area of education and business management, leaders who as character, professional competence and deep sense of Filipino values are harnessed in the promotion of culture of excellence and effecting social transformation.
The School of Graduate Studies commits itself to offer total quality Catholic Education programs and services that are:
- Attuned to local and international standards and excellence in graduate education;
- Responsive to the needs of students and communities, and to the dynamically changing environment particularly in the city of Pasig and its immediate environs;
- Capable of producing knowledge applicable to the larger community for the improvement of the quality of life of individual persons and society;
- In collaboration with institutions of higher learning, government and private agencies, both local and foreign; and
- Accessible to deserving learners.