When Msgr. Gerardo O. Santos assumes his office as President of Pasig Catholic College from 2004 to date, the President’s Scholarship Grant became an additional reform which was brought about by his administration. This scholarship grant is open to financially underprivileged students who wish to avail of the kind of quality Catholic education, PCC offers its community. Students who are interested to avail of this scholarship grant must maintain an active participation in their respective parishes and/or community, to be able to earn or secure their parish priest’s recommendation.
- Letter of Application (to be submitted to the President’s Office)
- Form 138
- Certificate of Indecency
- Recommendation letter from their Parish Priest
- Complete Address and Sketch of Residence
- Contact number and contact person (parent/spouse/sibling) and relationship
GENERAL CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
- Must not be a recipient of any scholarship grant
- Must belong to the community’s indigent families whose gross annual income is not exceeding Php 120,000.00
- GRANTEE MUST NOT BE A DEPENDENT OF ANY PCC EMPLOYEE
- ONLY ONE PRESIDENT’S SCHOLARSHIP GRANT SHALL BE GRANTED PER FAMILY
- SCHOLARSHIP GRANT FOR COLLEGE IS GOOD FOR 1 SEMESTER; RENEWABLE; FOR BED GRANTEES – 1 YEAR.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- A President’s scholar from the College Department must render service to their parish or community for at least 30 hours/semester. Services can be rendered in the form of the following: altar server, commentator, reader, choir member, program emcee, or serve in any department of the school – as needed and approved by the department concerned.
- Must report to the Guidance Office on a regular basis, for monitoring and mentoring.
- Must take active participation in the Tutorial Program of the Guidance and Counseling, to render tutorial services to students who have academic difficulty, hence.
- Must take part in the Promotion of the school programs.
- Must take active participation in all school/Guidance/OSA activities.
- Must exhibit propriety of behavior at any given time.
- Must serve as role model for other PCC students.
- Must submit an accomplished time sheet, duly signed by the supervising parish/office personnel and a weekly accomplishment report to the Guidance and Counseling Office.
- Any violation to school rules, regulations and/or policies would mean cancellation and non-renewal of scholarship grant.